Playing videogames is better than having a girlfriend !
Hank Higgens
2005-12-15 07:47:41 UTC
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.

This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.

I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.

So I just bought myself a new XBOX 360 last week and I have a lot of
fun, me alone, me and my buddies. Some of them have girlfriends, but
they're just complaining - no time, no money, bitching gfs - I can just
laugh about that.

I'm glad that I don't have to mess around with girls. Plenty of money
left for buying consoles and every videogame I want, a lot of time left
for playing the games.

Isn't it great. Video games are a gift of god to shy and ugly men.

Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
Chuck Whitby
2005-12-15 08:31:31 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
So I just bought myself a new XBOX 360 last week and I have a lot of
fun, me alone, me and my buddies. Some of them have girlfriends, but
they're just complaining - no time, no money, bitching gfs - I can just
laugh about that.
I'm glad that I don't have to mess around with girls. Plenty of money
left for buying consoles and every videogame I want, a lot of time left
for playing the games.
Isn't it great. Video games are a gift of god to shy and ugly men.
Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
Hahahahahaahhaha, loser.
--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder
"It's the games"
Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
2005-12-15 09:03:13 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested
in me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
So I just bought myself a new XBOX 360 last week and I have a lot of
fun, me alone, me and my buddies. Some of them have girlfriends, but
they're just complaining - no time, no money, bitching gfs - I can
just laugh about that.
I'm glad that I don't have to mess around with girls. Plenty of money
left for buying consoles and every videogame I want, a lot of time
left for playing the games.
Isn't it great. Video games are a gift of god to shy and ugly men.
Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
lol
but does that XBOX 360 give you great oral?

Antares
2005-12-15 10:38:22 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
cNp
2005-12-15 11:50:46 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
Until the epiphany at the age of 70 when you sit there and say out loud to
the empty room "My god... I've wasted my life!" ..."Ooooh, a Vectrex!"

:¬)
e***@pop.uky.edu
2005-12-15 14:34:36 UTC
Post by cNp
Until the epiphany at the age of 70 when you sit there and say out loud to
the empty room "My god... I've wasted my life!"
As opposed to the 70-year-old sitting alone in a nursing home, whose
wife left him for his best friend years ago and whose kids turned out
to be self-involved shitheads. He can honestly say "My god... I've
wasted my life! And I never even got to play videogames!" ;-)

-Eric
Jack (www.villagebbs.com)
2005-12-15 14:46:17 UTC
Post by e***@pop.uky.edu
As opposed to the 70-year-old sitting alone in a nursing home, whose
wife left him for his best friend years ago and whose kids turned out
to be self-involved shitheads. He can honestly say "My god... I've
wasted my life! And I never even got to play videogames!" ;-)
-Eric
Ha!

Yeah I'm not sure what's more sad and pathetic here. The content of the
original post, or the fact that he thought he needed to share it with
all of us.

= numsix
= http://813museum.villagebbs.com
Mad Mambo Master of Macedonia
2005-12-16 15:02:36 UTC
Post by e***@pop.uky.edu
Post by cNp
Until the epiphany at the age of 70 when you sit there and say out
loud to the empty room "My god... I've wasted my life!"
As opposed to the 70-year-old sitting alone in a nursing home, whose
wife left him for his best friend years ago and whose kids turned out
to be self-involved shitheads. He can honestly say "My god... I've
wasted my life! And I never even got to play videogames!" ;-)
-Eric
HA! Hilarious...or as benny hill said, I squandered my money on women and
wine, and wasted all of the rest.
--
As for the pastor, after four days of listening to science experts
dismantling the case for intelligent design, he was unimpressed.
05)
The Space Boss
2005-12-16 04:53:04 UTC
Post by cNp
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
Until the epiphany at the age of 70 when you sit there and say out loud to
the empty room "My god... I've wasted my life!" ..."Ooooh, a Vectrex!"
:¬)
So... if a guy doesn't marry and spend 20 of his best years carting
around his little "legacies to the world" to soccer practice, he's
wasted his life? Interesting!
Mad Mambo Master of Macedonia
2005-12-16 15:01:31 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
05)
LisatheSequel
2005-12-16 15:31:57 UTC
Post by Mad Mambo Master of Macedonia
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
I wish you'd all join me in Guild Wars. I'm sick and tired
of playing with n00bs.
Antares
2005-12-17 01:37:33 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
My machine's too goddamned slow for any of today's games. Hell, it's
too slow for Civ 4, and that's a strategy game. A 1.6 GHz/512MB box,
and it crawls like a fucking centipede.
Mad Mambo Master of Macedonia
2005-12-17 04:22:48 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
My machine's too goddamned slow for any of today's games. Hell, it's
too slow for Civ 4, and that's a strategy game. A 1.6 GHz/512MB box,
and it crawls like a fucking centipede.
You have shamed the family.
05)
crfan
Have you done everything possible to speed it up?
Antares
2005-12-17 22:11:31 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
My machine's too goddamned slow for any of today's games. Hell, it's
too slow for Civ 4, and that's a strategy game. A 1.6 GHz/512MB box,
and it crawls like a fucking centipede.
Have you done everything possible to speed it up?
Not really... short of buying new hardware. :)

I know zilch about souping my computer up. Where do I start?
Mxsmanic
2005-12-17 22:51:00 UTC
Post by Antares
Not really... short of buying new hardware. :)
I know zilch about souping my computer up. Where do I start?
Unfortunately, buying new hardware is the main way to speed it up,
especially if you need speed for gaming.

You can try adding memory. This is one of the cheapest and most
reliable ways to improve overall performance, although it won't
necessarily help for games (since memory is not necessarily the
blocking factor in their case).

You can switch to a faster microprocessor, if faster processors are
available for your motherboard.

You can overclock the machine (raise the system clock and/or operating
voltages to make the processor run faster). This risks overheating
and destroying the machine, and in any case it usually shortens the
life of components.

You can buy a fancier video card. Video speed is crucial to many
games and buying a faster video card may produce dramatic improvement
in performance, especially for 3-D games.
crfan
2005-12-17 23:42:47 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
My machine's too goddamned slow for any of today's games. Hell, it's
too slow for Civ 4, and that's a strategy game. A 1.6 GHz/512MB box,
and it crawls like a fucking centipede.
Have you done everything possible to speed it up?
Not really... short of buying new hardware. :)
I know zilch about souping my computer up. Where do I start?
1.6 GHz is on the low side of system requirements for new games but you were
talking about playing an older game anyways.
i assume you're running some form of Windows right? Have you run disk
cleanup and defragged your hard drive? Both of those should be done about
every two months. Adding memory is an inexpensive way to increase
performance. Most likely your machine uses sdram (based upon processor
speed) and that memory is a bargain nowadays.
Mad Mambo Master of Macedonia
2005-12-18 15:32:50 UTC
http://www.overclock.net/
William P
2005-12-18 15:00:08 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
My machine's too goddamned slow for any of today's games. Hell, it's
too slow for Civ 4, and that's a strategy game. A 1.6 GHz/512MB box,
and it crawls like a fucking centipede.
Civ 4's nasty. I turned all the graphics down to minimum, and that helps a
bit. I think it might be bound more by the video card than the CPU, with
tons of polygons in the late game. (Retarded polygons too, who cares about
all that city detail on the main map. For the city zoom, fine.)
Bernd Jendrissek
2005-12-19 13:20:15 UTC
Post by William P
I think it might be bound more by the video card than the CPU, with
tons of polygons in the late game.
I started up FreeCiv the other day and set myself up as a global
observer and watched some 15 or so AI players go at it on a 200x100 map
of Europe. By 1900AD or so turns were taking minutes and the map looked
like one big junkpile. There must have been a city every second or
third square, each with a zillion units inside. I was disappointed that
they weren't fighting harder; the Russians were certainly well
positioned to take out everyone else - perhaps even simultaneously.
(They owned half the map and were protected by being in the "corner" of
the map, thereby needing to defend only a quarter of the front length as
anyone else.) I was hoping for some serious aggression with submarines
and battleships and stealth bombers and nukes and carriers and stuff.

I still haven't figured out how to beat the AI, but that's just coz I'm
a bit lame. I never seem to grow my nation quickly enough - I think I
tend inadvertently to go all largepox, at the expense of expansion.
Maybe I'll try again later.

- --
I still tend to think there is a "spiritual" world of some sort, but I don't
think there are any people who actually understand it. The ones claiming to
do so most loudly certainly don't. - RK

crfan
2005-12-17 05:50:58 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
Have you checked out Call of Duty 2? i just got the demo and i like it and
i don't especially like army games, but this is a really good fps.
Mad Mambo Master of Macedonia
2005-12-18 15:34:13 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
Have you checked out Call of Duty 2? i just got the demo and i like
it and i don't especially like army games, but this is a really good
fps.
No, but after looking at the XBOX demo, I just about had an orgasm.
05)
crfan
2005-12-18 18:47:07 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
Have you checked out Call of Duty 2? i just got the demo and i like
it and i don't especially like army games, but this is a really good
fps.
No, but after looking at the XBOX demo, I just about had an orgasm.
Yeah i know. The pc version has good graphics but the xbox version looks
great.
William P
2005-12-18 18:51:31 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
Have you checked out Call of Duty 2? i just got the demo and i like
it and i don't especially like army games, but this is a really good
fps.
No, but after looking at the XBOX demo, I just about had an orgasm.
That's a coincidence because the same thing nearly happened to me after
viewing "Horny Schoolgirls 6".
Mad Mambo Master of Macedonia
2005-12-18 21:23:13 UTC
Post by Antares
Post by Hank Higgens
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
I've been self-medicating myself with Civ 4 lately. Girls haven't
really been on my mind lately. I'm quite content to let my brain
vegetate in front of the flickering screen.
As soon as I get a decent setup, I'm going to back to CounterStrike.
Have you checked out Call of Duty 2? i just got the demo and i like
it and i don't especially like army games, but this is a really good
fps.
No, but after looking at the XBOX demo, I just about had an orgasm.
That's a coincidence because the same thing nearly happened to me after
viewing "Horny Schoolgirls 6".
In the BestBuy showroom?
05)
Dr Fleau
2005-12-15 17:44:30 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
So I just bought myself a new XBOX 360 last week and I have a lot of
fun, me alone, me and my buddies. Some of them have girlfriends, but
they're just complaining - no time, no money, bitching gfs - I can just
laugh about that.
I'm glad that I don't have to mess around with girls. Plenty of money
left for buying consoles and every videogame I want, a lot of time left
for playing the games.
Isn't it great. Video games are a gift of god to shy and ugly men.
Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
I love the Hustler games.. you know the ones with the penile adapter ? It's
kind of large for me, but I just wiggle a lot and pretend my friends are in
another room. I spend my spare time cleaning my controllers ('cause I eat
cheese bits and fried chicken while playing) and writing science fiction
novels about the world outside my house. Yesterday I wrote about people from
a far, far away land I called "Eye Rack". They all walk around with towels
on their heads and heavy machine gun-like things tied to their forearms.
Wouldn't that be a hoot ?

Do you also live in a semi-dephased state too ? Please write to me. My
friends have strapped me to my bed and left me naked with a laptop. I think
I'll call M. Sheriff to come and help me. Bye now...
phy
2005-12-15 18:28:04 UTC
Post by Dr Fleau
I love the Hustler games.. you know the ones with the penile adapter ?
It's kind of large for me, but I just wiggle a lot and pretend my
friends are in another room. I spend my spare time cleaning my
controllers ('cause I eat cheese bits and fried chicken while playing)
and writing science fiction novels about the world outside my house.
Yesterday I wrote about people from a far, far away land I called "Eye
Rack". They all walk around with towels on their heads and heavy
machine gun-like things tied to their forearms. Wouldn't that be a
hoot ?
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this post.

-phy
Aaron J. Bossig
2005-12-15 23:50:20 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
There's nothing wrong with giving up women, but the Xbox 360 sure
ain't the system to do so over.
--
Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com
Hank the Rapper
2005-12-16 00:05:36 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
Isn't it great. Video games are a gift of god to shy and ugly men.
You should have left this line out. It makes the troll bait a bit too
obvious, but overall it is a good troll.
w***@lycos.com
2005-12-16 00:56:05 UTC
video games are a poor substitute. games don't hug you. games don't
give you the comfort of physical contact. games don't whisper thoughts
nor listen to yours.

if a girlfriend showed up in my life, i would quit gaming in an
instant.
The Space Boss
2005-12-16 05:01:34 UTC
Post by w***@lycos.com
video games are a poor substitute. games don't hug you. games don't
give you the comfort of physical contact. games don't whisper thoughts
nor listen to yours.
Yes but do video games zero in on a tiny spot on your pants and start
bitching that you're wearing filthy clothes? Cut down your job?
Complain because you're at work long hours then turn around and
complain because you're not making enough money??
Post by w***@lycos.com
if a girlfriend showed up in my life, i would quit gaming in an
instant.
Get real, dude. People or situations do not "show up". You gotta make
it happen. But that's asking a bit too much now isn't it?
Dub
2005-12-16 05:48:08 UTC
On the other hand, you can't get a video game pregnant.
LisatheSequel
Oh would that it were true! The prices would be *much* better.
Brad Darnell
2005-12-16 14:09:30 UTC
Come on man, nothings better than a girl, if you can even compare than you
are missing out. There is a girl out there for ever guy, you dont have to
have a Brittney Spears, they are all sporting the same tools. Do your self a
favor and go find you one and put the game away. Games are fun but girls are
awesome.
Brad
LisatheSequel
2005-12-16 14:23:25 UTC
Post by Brad Darnell
Come on man, nothings better than a girl, if you can even compare than you
are missing out. There is a girl out there for ever guy, you dont have to
have a Brittney Spears, they are all sporting the same tools. Do your self a
favor and go find you one and put the game away. Games are fun but girls are
awesome.
I don't know 'bout that Brad. Orgasms last what... 5-7
seconds? Guild Wars is forever.
Mxsmanic
2005-12-17 05:58:43 UTC
Come on man, nothings better than a girl ...
There are a lot of better things, depending on your preferences.

People are driven to romantic relationships by a desire for sex.
Remove that desire, and the relationships serve no purpose. The idea
that a whole universe of experience is associated with romance is pure
illusion--if you want human interaction, you can get all you want from
friendship ... except for sex, and sex is biology, not psychology.
There is a girl out there for every guy ...
True, but if you're an ugly loser of a guy, then the girl out there is
likely to be an ugly loser, too. In which case a lot of other things
look far more interesting.
Games are fun but girls are awesome.
I'll grant that video games aren't necessarily the best things in life
(depending on one's preferences, of course), but there are lots of
things in life.
Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
They don't?
Mxsmanic
2005-12-17 07:29:15 UTC
Post by Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
They don't?
In many cases, they don't. A majority of romantic relationships are
driven by sex.
Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
2005-12-17 07:52:23 UTC
Post by Mxsmanic
Post by Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
They don't?
In many cases, they don't. A majority of romantic relationships are
driven by sex.
then how come people stay together so long?

777
2005-12-17 04:48:41 UTC
On 14 Dec 2005 23:47:41 -0800, "Hank Higgens"
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
So I just bought myself a new XBOX 360 last week and I have a lot of
fun, me alone, me and my buddies. Some of them have girlfriends, but
they're just complaining - no time, no money, bitching gfs - I can just
laugh about that.
I'm glad that I don't have to mess around with girls. Plenty of money
left for buying consoles and every videogame I want, a lot of time left
for playing the games.
Isn't it great. Video games are a gift of god to shy and ugly men.
Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
LOL!
What can I say to this? ROTFLMAO!
ABIT AN8 NFORCE4 SLI 939 ATX Motherboard
AMD ATHLON64 X2 3800+
1GB PC3200 DDR RAM
WD 36GB SATA RAPTOR 10,000 RPM HDD
MAXTOR 200GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD
XMEDIA GEFORCE 6200 256MB VIDEO

Is this the best system ever? If not call
1-800-NO MORE UPGRADES
LisatheSequel
*drool*
Jordan
2005-12-17 05:15:55 UTC
Yeah, and apparently trolling gaming groups is even better than playing
games... Right?

- Jordan
Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
2005-12-17 07:04:25 UTC
Post by Jordan
Yeah, and apparently trolling gaming groups is even better than
playing games... Right?
- Jordan
I imagine so

Mxsmanic
2005-12-17 05:53:39 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
So I just bought myself a new XBOX 360 last week and I have a lot of
fun, me alone, me and my buddies. Some of them have girlfriends, but
they're just complaining - no time, no money, bitching gfs - I can just
laugh about that.
My observation of human relationships leads me to conclude that people
involved in romance interactions are unhappy at least as often and as
much as they are happy. Apparently they are willing to put up with a
lot of misery in exchange for a few minutes of happiness. I prefer to
remain on a more even keel.
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm glad that I don't have to mess around with girls. Plenty of money
left for buying consoles and every videogame I want, a lot of time left
for playing the games.
Isn't it great. Video games are a gift of god to shy and ugly men.
Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
I don't much care for video games, the only exceptions being some
simulation games, such as Flight Simulator, SimCity, and The Sims 2.
I like these games, with their open-ended and relatively complex and
interesting game play. The classic first-person-shooter games and
their ilk (racing games and the like) are intensely boring.

I also like Internet and computer chess, which remains surprisingly
interesting even though it's a very old game.
William P
2005-12-18 15:07:57 UTC
Post by Mxsmanic
Post by Hank Higgens
Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
I don't much care for video games, the only exceptions being some
simulation games, such as Flight Simulator, SimCity, and The Sims 2.
I like these games, with their open-ended and relatively complex and
interesting game play. The classic first-person-shooter games and
their ilk (racing games and the like) are intensely boring.
I also like Internet and computer chess, which remains surprisingly
interesting even though it's a very old game.
That property of chess is crazy, isn't it? It's still an interesting game
with enough interest for a person to devote their life to it if they want,
even though the rules are simple and mechanical move variations have been
analyzed by many thousands of people over hundreds of years.
Mxsmanic
2005-12-18 15:42:54 UTC
Post by William P
That property of chess is crazy, isn't it?
It surprises me that a game with such straightforward rules can remain
so consistently interesting.

Unfortunately, I'm not very good at it, even though I find it
entertaining. Of many thousands of members of the Internet Chess
Club, I'm usually in the bottom ten in terms of ratings.
Post by William P
It's still an interesting game with enough interest for a person
to devote their life to it if they want, even though the rules
are simple and mechanical move variations have been
analyzed by many thousands of people over hundreds of years.
And computers now play it better than people, although they manage
this by brute force alone--the way in which the best human players
play the game is still not understood.
William P
2005-12-18 16:17:26 UTC
Post by William P
It's still an interesting game with enough interest for a person
to devote their life to it if they want, even though the rules
are simple and mechanical move variations have been
analyzed by many thousands of people over hundreds of years.
And computers now play it better than people, although they manage
this by brute force alone--the way in which the best human players
play the game is still not understood.
Kasparov said that the battle of human versus computer in chess will
continue as long as the human can still win a single game. So it will
still be interesting for a while yet.
William P
2005-12-18 14:57:08 UTC
Post by Hank Higgens
I'm a shy and ugly guy and I must admit that girls aren't interested in
me at all.
This is ok. I know this since years and I have accepted it.
I enjoy playing video games instead and I own any major console
released in the past 20 years.
So I just bought myself a new XBOX 360 last week and I have a lot of
fun, me alone, me and my buddies. Some of them have girlfriends, but
they're just complaining - no time, no money, bitching gfs - I can just
laugh about that.
I'm glad that I don't have to mess around with girls. Plenty of money
left for buying consoles and every videogame I want, a lot of time left
for playing the games.
Isn't it great. Video games are a gift of god to shy and ugly men.
Do you like video games, too and did you already buy an XBOX 360?
I just sit at home and mourn the death of the single player CRPG.
Seriously, what the fuck? Final Fantasy shit is fun too for a while but
then eventually I want to take off the training wheels or leave the rails
of the kiddie train, you know?