"Bayonetta" on PS3 - it sucks
Dave U. Random
2010-01-02 14:44:33 UTC
IGN

Bayonetta could have been the best action game on the PS3.
After all, this over-the-top affair from Hideki Kamiya and
his team at Platinum Games not only delivers some of the
coolest combat mechanics around but it coats the experience
in an eccentric, hyper-stylish shell. Unfortunately, the
PS3 port of Bayonetta (Amazon.com:
http://xrl.us/BayonettaPS3 ) is a very disappointing piece
of software. I love Bayonetta -- just look at my review of
the 360 version for proof (IGN: http://xrl.us/BayXbox ).
But Bayonetta on the PS3 is a whole different beast.

The PS3 version has a lot of problems, primary among them
being the excessive slowdown and loading. During certain
scenes of high action, Bayonetta can slow down
dramatically, enough to affect the gameplay experience. I
can usually tolerate that sort of issue to an extent, but
the loading problems are simply unacceptable.

Continued: http://xrl.us/BayPS3
The alMIGHTY N
2010-01-08 19:20:46 UTC
Post by Dave U. Random
[...]
Something seems off here. If the problems with the PS3 version are
really this bad, how in the Hell could Famitsu have awarded it 38 out
of 40?